Please note that this service is not available at this time. Please follow us on Facebook for updates and to be notified when this service resumes.
Looking for a specific title or format? Think you’ve “read-out” your local branch library?
If the item you’re looking for isn’t available from Western Downs Libraries, you can request an Interlibrary loan from another library service.
Requests are accepted for various formats including books in regular and large print, bookclub kits, audiobooks, and journal articles. Some charges may apply for some requests.
What you can request:
- Fiction and Information books
- Regular print and Large print books
- Bookclub kits and Community Languages
- Children’s and Adult’s titles
- Copies of journal articles and specific pages of books (subject to Copyright)
- Sheet music
What you can’t request:
- Audiovisual items (e.g., DVDs and CDs)
- Digital items (e.g., e-books and computer games)
- Fiction books published in the last 2 years
- Information books published in the last 5 years
- Other items as specified by the lending library service. Some libraries choose not to lend High use, High value, Rare, or Out-of-print resources such as DVDs, textbooks, Local Studies resources, and audiobooks.
To place an Interlibrary Loan request:
Have you already checked the regional catalogue? Western Downs Libraries has a distributed collection across nine branches. The title you are looking for may already be held by another branch.
In the Interlibrary Loan Request form:
Request an Interlibrary Loan
- Enter your borrower ID and PIN then select the OK button.
- The Interlibrary Loan request form will be displayed. Please enter as much information as you can about the item. Select the Place Request button.
- A confirmation page will be displayed. It will also give you the option to return to your request form, to cancel the request or to continue with your request. Select the Continue button to proceed with your request.
- Your request record will be displayed including the request number.
You will be advised by the Library when your item is ready to be picked up. You can also track the progress of your request in Your Account.
Costs and Conditions:
- A $0.50 reservation charge applies to each Interlibrary Loan request.
- Other charges may also apply. We always try to source items from locations that don’t pass along charges for Interlibrary Loans. However, some items are only available from locations that charge the $16.50 fee (such as the National Library of Australia, universities, and corporate libraries). Loss or damage of an Interlibrary Loan is also likely to result in additional charges.
- You are responsible for ensuring your Interlibrary Loan requests and Copy requests comply with the Australian Copyright Act 1968. Neither Western Downs Library staff nor the Western Downs Libraries service accept any liability for Copyright infringements. The Australian Copyright Council has a range of Information Sheets to help you determine your obligations and permissions.