Storytime at Home Free and Online
Story Box Library is an engaging educational resource that inspires reading in kids of all ages, improving language and literacy skills along the way.
Story Box Library was created to:
- Engage children with stories and voices to make personal connections
- develop vital language and literacy skills
- combat endless online searching for quality literacy resources; and
- get kids excited about reading and let imaginations fly!
Best of all, it’s free for families via participating public libraries (that’s us)!
See and hear your favourite stories come to life, read by Nick Cave, Justine Clarke, Eddie Perfect, Katie Ritchie, Andrew Hansen, Missy Higgins, Shane Jacobson and many more.
What is Story Box Library?
The best place to watch celebrated stories read aloud by your favourite storytellers.
How does Story Box Library work?
Story Box Library steams ad-free content directly into the library and homes of library patrons on any device with Internet connection.
Are stories added regularly?
Yes! 30–40 carefully curated, thought-provoking and engaging stories are added each year.
Who are the storytellers?
A range of actors, comedians, sports people, musicians, authors, illustrators, TV presenters, performers, students, grandparents, activist and educators – each sharing their unique voice.
Who is Story Box Library recommended for?
Story Box Library is a fantastic resource for pre-school through to upper primary years.
To access these great resources, visit storyboxlibrary.com/libraries and:
- Select Western Downs Regional Council
- Enter your library barcode
- Enjoy stories, short films and at-home activities
Got Questions? Ask your librarian about Story Box Library today!