Learning is a lifelong activity that doesn’t end with schooling. Learning helps us reach our full potential. It can transform us. There are so many different opportunities for us to continue learning throughout our lives. Adult Learners’ Week (1–8 September 2017) is about showing the breadth of opportunities available for adults who want to learn.
Everyone can continue to expand their skills, knowledge and interests! Here are some ways your Library can help:
- Learn more about e-safety and find out more about keeping yourself and your family members safe online.
- Book in for a half-hour one-on-one technology lesson.
- Come along to Conversations in English (great for those who have English as a second language, as well as native English-speakers interested in other cultures), or practice your English with IELTS online.
- Volunteer at (or come along to) one of our great Fun Palaces.
- Join a bookclub.
- Research your family history.
- Sign up for a Tech Savvy for Seniors course.
- Check out Lynda.com for thousands of online courses on every topic under the sun.
- Borrow the Adobe Creative Cloud and unlock your artistic potential.
- Drop in to your local library to browse books suitable for any age and interest!
We would also love to hear your opinion on what programs the Library should be running , if you have the time, please fill out our short survey.