Autumn is officially here and with its warm days and cool nights it’s one of our favourite times of the year! Here’s what our librarians love to do in autumn:
- Go camping! Autumn is an excellent time to camp out. Make the most of balmy days and cooler nights, and roast marshmallows over the campfire.
- Head off on an Easter Egg Hunt.
- Take advantage of the cooler weather and curl up with a book. Need inspiration? Visit our catalogue!
- Have a picnic and soak up the sunshine.
- Plant something and watch it grow. You’ll find great gardening resources at the library!
- Go on a nature walk. It’s a great way to stimulate your children’s curiosity and awareness of the world around them. Be prepared to answer lots of questions.
- Do some autumn craft with the fallen leaves.
- Spend some time in the kitchen baking or making jams and preserves.
- Go for a Sunday drive and explore our region. Download the Geocaching app and let it lead you to hidden treasure in your town.
- Go to a music festival. There’s no need to go far, the Day on the Plain is right on our doorsteps!